Choosing your artist.

It amaze me to find people who instead of recommending an artist they actually ask you to go and get Inked by him just because they want you to and not because you choose to. I wonder " What make people think I will like someones work just because people claim it is a good artist?". Sometimes people forget choosing an artist is a personal choice not theirs.

I've met people who do that mistake, they go to an artist just because someone claims it is a good one and later on the person who got Inked regrets it. Not everyone wants to choose an artist just because someone tells you to. There is a big difference between recommending someone and  wanting to bound and gag someone to make them go see someone they're not even interesting on meeting.

I have seen and met plenty of artists and I already know who I like and think is awesome and that does not give me the right to force others to go see him, all I can do is talk to people about him and they choose to go if they want to. Recently I went to see my artist and receive some suggestions about getting an awesome tattoo (again, lol), and walking away from the shop some people approached me and talked to me about someone who they claim has experience encrusting Ink under the skin and blah blah blah (things I really didn't cared about) and I was shocked to see this two people trying to convince me to go see someone I assume they work for talk to me about this person.

They know about tattoos of course, it was obvious but it is not cool to try to try snatching someone else's clients. I get the impression many people are kind of insecure since the new kid on the block is having a busy schedule thanks to his artistic skills and experience as well. Approaching someone is cool but this people sounded like they were begging me to switch artists (pathetic).

 

I really appreciate people who are honest and that's one of the things that make people choose their artist as an addition to their skills, knowledge and experience. Next time make sure you choose who you want and be careful with those vultures who only care about making money. I'm sure most people hate going another tattoo shop to get a crappy job fixed.